List of Visas 

Search or browse


A Visa

The "diplomat" Visa

For diplomats and other foreign government officials traveling to the United States on behalf of their national government solely to engage in official activities for that government.

B-1/B-2 Visas

B-1: The "Business Visitor" Visa

B-1 Visas are for those individuals coming to the United States for a limited business purpose. B visas do not allow you to get paid for your work in the United States but rather are limited in scope to activities such as negotiating contracts, attending a conference or convention or meeting with business partners. Domestic servants may also apply for B-1 visas.

B-2: The "Tourist" Visa

B-2 Visas are for tourists coming to the United States to travel or visit with friends or family for a temporary visit or to receive medical care that is unavailable in their home country.  Visitors on these visas are typically permitted to remain in the US for six months on a visit. 

C Visa

The "transit" Visa

For travelers who are passing through the United States on their way to another destination and wish to leave the airport for a short period of time to sight-see, or visit with friends or relatives.

D Visa

The "foreign crew member" Visa

For crew members of sea vessels or international airlines who provide services required for normal operation and intend on departing the US within 29 days. 

E-1/E-2 Visas

E-1: The “Treaty Trader” Visa

For traders who conduct substantial international trade of goods, services or technology principally between the US and a Treaty Country

E-2: The “Treaty Investor” Visa

For investors of a qualifying Treaty Country who direct and develop a business in which the investor has either already invested or is in the process of investing. The investment must be (1) real, meaning at risk of loss, irrevocably committed, and possessed and controlled by the investor; (2) substantial and (3) bona fide.

E-3 Visa

The “Aussie” Visa

For Australian nationals who seek to work in the U.S. to conduct professional “specialty occupation” assignments.  


The “Student” Visa

For individuals seeking further their education by entering a qualified degree program in the United States. ·     

o   Curricular Practical Training (CPT) allows F1 Students to work for up to 20 hours a week in a field related to their major, while engaging in studies. 

o   Optional Practical Training (OPT) allows an F-1 student authorization to work in the United States for up to 12 months upon graduation. Upon graduation, entrepreneurs, except for those in English language training programs, who seek to start a business that is directly related to their major area of study, may be eligible for OPT.

o   OPT STEM Extension F-1 students who obtain a qualifying degree in the Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) fields may apply for an additional 2 year STEM OPT extension.  

G Visa

The “International Organization Worker” Visa

For individuals of international organizations pursuing official duties in the U.S. such as attending meetings or summits.  

H Visas

H-1b: The “foreign worker” Visa 

For individuals who seek to work in the U.S. in a specialty occupation.  These visas allow individuals to work in the US for an initial 3 year period after which an application for an extension can be made.  There is currently a cap on these visas of 85,000, with 20,000 of those reserved for those who have a US Master's Degree or higher. 

H-1b1: The “Chilean and singaporean” Visa 

Similar to the H-1B visa above, but with 6,800 visas available for specialty occupation positions to citizens of Chile and Singapore. 

H-2A: The “Farm Worker” Visa  & H-2B: The “Seasonal Worker” Visa

For individuals performing agricultural labor or services which are temporary or seasonal by nature.

I Visa

The "International Media representative" Visa

For individuals seeking to travel to the U.S. to work for a foreign media outlet (ie newspapers, radio or television) including film crews, editors, anchors.

J Visa

The "exchange visitor" Visa

For individuals who are seeking to engage in an educational or cultural exchange program in the U.S usually as an intern or trainee.

K Visa

The “Fiancé” Visa

For individuals who are engaged to marry a U.S. Citizen who seek to come to the United States to be with their fiancé.

L Visas

L-1A: “The Executive or Manager Visa”

L-1A Visas allow companies in foreign countries to transfer workers to their U.S. parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies in the United States or to set up a new subsidiary or affiliate entity in the U.S.

L-1B: “The Specialist Visa”

L-1B Visas allow foreign companies to transfer their specialists to the U.S. to set up or expand existing operations.  

M Visa

The “Vocational Training” Visa

For individuals seeking to enter vocational or other non-academic training schools.  These schools must be approved by USCIS.    

O Visas

O-1A: The “Extraordinary Ability” Visa

The O-1A visa is for individuals who have extraordinary abilities in in the sciences, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, motion pictures or television industry). 

O-1B: The “Artist” Visa

The O-1B visa is for individuals who have extraordinary abilities in the arts, motion picture/television or entertainment industries, like artists, entertainers, fashion designers or models.  

P Visa

The “Performer” Visa

For individuals who seek to enter the U.S. to perform as part of an internationally recognized athletic or entertainment group.

Q Visa

The “Cultural Exchange” Visa

For individuals who seek practical training and employment and for sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of their home country through participation in an international cultural exchange program.

R Visa

The “Religious Worker” Visa

For individuals who seek to work temporarily in a religious capacity in the United States.

S Visa

The “Witness” Visa

For individuals aiding United States law enforcement in ongoing investigations or trials.

T Visa

The “Trafficking Victim” Visa

For victims of human trafficking who aid in the prosecution of their traffickers.

U Visa

The “Crime Victim” Visa

For individuals who are the victims of certain crimes that either occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws.  The victim must agree to cooperate with law enforcement to prosecute the perpetrator(s) of the crime.    

TN Visa

The "NAFTA Professionals” Visa

Permits citizens of Canada and Mexico to work in the US in a qualifying profession.

EB-1 Green Cards

For individuals who have an extraordinary ability, or are an outstanding professor or researcher and seek to pursue tenure track teaching or comparable research at a university or other institute of higher education, or are a multinational executive or manager with a valid job offer from a U.S. company.

Marriage Based Green Cards

For spouses of US Citizens